Saturday, December 12, 2015

Magical Mermaid

Hello!  With Christmas just around the corner, I should be making Christmas cards, but instead, I have something a little different to show you today.  This is Evie's Sister and is one of the newest digi stamps from Saturated Canary.  Isn't she gorgeous!!  I just love this image and I had so much fun coloring her up! 
 
 
Ok, so I have to tell you that this card almost ended up in the trash a couple times.  After I started coloring her, I realized I knew nothing about coloring mermaids.  So I watched a couple of Youtube videos, made a lot of mistakes, did some covering up, and this is the end result.  I couldn't be happier with it!  Just goes to show you that sometimes mistakes are the best things :)
 
 
So, let me give you the details.  For this card, I colored the image with Copics and then added some stickles glitter to her tail and face.  Then I used the Leafy Flourish die from My Favorite Things to make the sea weed.  Next, I added some coral with a  Martha Stewart branch punch.  Then, I added several 3D stickers from various companies that I had in my stash.  I popped on some "bubbles" dots with Liquid Pearls and added the sentiment from Stamping Bella.  Oh, and the background paper is by Doodlebug.  I really hope you like the end result.  I think I may try more mermaids in the future :)
 
Thanks so much for stopping by! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment