Sunday, October 25, 2015

Saturated Canary GDT!!!

Hello!  I'm so excited to announce that I've been chosen to be on the Saturated Canary Guest Design Team for the next three months!!! To say the least, I'm elated!  I have long since loved Saturated Canary images and I can't wait to get started.  For my first post I have Princess and A Frog.  You can find it in the shop here.  I actually created this adorable card about a week ago, but never got a chance to share it.  So, I thought I would post it now to go along with my big announcement :)

 
 
For this card, I used some Imaginsce Twitterpatted paper I've been hoarding for years now and tried to keep things simple.  The clouds and washie tape were made using dies from My Favorite Things.  The flower is Prima, linen thread is Stampin Up, and button was from my stash. 
 
As you all know, I've been working on my Copic coloring skills and I'm currently taking the Skin and Hair class over at Kit and Clowder.  I just love how the hair turned out on this image, but I have to admit at one point I almost threw this in the trash because I was so frustrated.  However, I worked at it and I think I did a pretty good job fixing my mistakes.  Obviously, I still have a lot to learn, but I'm very happy with my progress.  If you looking for some coloring 101, I highly recommend Kit and Clowder. Well worth every penny :) 
 
Thank you so much for stopping by!  Hope you have a great week! 

1 comment: